Imparing Quality Education and Embedding Moral Values
Mr. Lovel Kalia(Chairman)
"The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but males our life in harmony with all existence." - Rabindranath Tagore.
At SIMT, we aspire to follow what Tagore had envisioned. Our aim is to provide education with a holistic perspective that develops every student's intellectual, emotional, social, physical, artistic, creative and spiritual potentials. Our vision is to ensure that our students emerge as winners: ethically, intellectually and professionally.
Students come to SIMT with diverse ambitions and dreams - preparing for their chosen career, continuing their education, or transitioning into a new job. Whichever path our students select, our goal is to ensure that our education opens the doorway to great opportunities.
The Colleges have undergone a transformation with the addition of new buildings and upgrades to our existing infrastructure.
We are committed to our students, our parents, and our founding principles of providing holistic and comprehensive education at different levels.
Role of the Office of the Chairmen
The role of the Office of the Chairman is to provide high-quality services to the Chairman and, through the Chairman, to Council, the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Heads of Institute Department (HOS) and Directors of Central Service Units (CSUs).
These services include strategic and academic leadership, planning, policy development and compliance, risk management including the internal audit function, legislative awareness and compliance, the provision of management information and reporting and executive support.
The philosophy of the Chairman's Office is to provide and demonstrate leadership, integrity and the highest standards of professionalism to the University community in these areas.
The key functions of the Office include:
- Overall management of the academic and administrative affairs of the Institute.
- Coordination of strategic planning.
- Coordination of overall accountability to meet the Institute's statutory obligations.
- Coordination of the activities of the various components of the Institute.
- Management of external relations at senior management level.
- Coordination and facilitation of the activities of the Institute and its standing and adhoc committees.
- Provision of advice on Institute policies and procedures.
- Repository of information and data on matters relating to governance and senior management bodies.